Thursday, August 22, 2013

~Healthier Life Update~


I figured in this post I would talk about what I've been eating and drinking since my "health kick"
Water is an obvious answer, but other than that.

Drink wise I've been getting juice, milk and green tea.
I get Bolthouse Farms and Naked for my juice.
And for tea I will either grab a Lipton Citrus Green Tea if in a hurry to go to work, or I will use my Yogi brand for when I eat dinner or lunch.


I've loved all of my Bolthouse Farms drinks(Even the non fruit ones like the Chai one...taste like snickerdoodle cookies) and I've loved all but two of the Naked drinks.
I got the Protein Juice Smoothie which has bananas, pineapple, coconut, oranges and such and it is....not pleasant. But I got the bigger bottle and would rather not waste my money. It is very gritty and even the flavor isn't so great. The one I dislike more than than was the Banana and Chocolate smoothie. It taste just horrible and I threw it out. Was not good at all!

For my milk product I swapped our everyday milk with the Almond Silk in Vanilla flavor and it is so tasty. I've gone through 2 things of it in a week! It is crazy good! I wish they had smaller ones just so I could try out the other flavors too.



Food wise I have been eating breakfast, lunch and dinner(Usually only ate lunch and dinner or just dinner).

For breakfast I will either have an omelet, a bowl of granola and my almond silk milk, a granola bar and greek yogurt, or greek yogurt with some sort of fruit on the side.

I'm not an egg person so omelets aren't as often. I have really been into Greek Yogurt lately, and it is amazing. I've heard people not liking it for it being too gritty and then for being to watery. The kind I've been getting is like normal yogurt consistency, but it has a bit more of a tart flavor to it. 



Snacks if I eat in between meals I will just have a small thing of greek yogurt, a fruit or granola. It really helps cure that sweet tooth, mainly the fruit for me though.

Lunches are pretty much always a salad for me.
I like Spinach salads, so I do spinach berry salads mostly.

How I make mine:
~Spinach Leaves~
Make sure to rinse them off because in the past they've been taken off the shelves often for E. Coli scares.
~Blueberries~
~Sliced up Strawberries~
(I always rinse off my fruits)
~Blue Cheese Crumbles~
~Sliced Baked Unsalted Almonds~
~Poppyseed Vinaigrette~
~And sometimes grilled cooled chicken~

If I'm not feeling for a berry salad it is almonds, blue cheese crumbles, chicken, and mushrooms.



Dinner I've been having more trouble with. Since my family doesn't understand the "I'm trying to eat healthier" idea I struggle most with dinner. I'll usually just eat something I will normally eat for lunch or I'll eat at work and just choose one of the 550 calorie meals or "weight watcher" meals.


So it has only been a week and two days since I started my all the sudden "health kick".
So far so good. I have not weighed myself again yet though. So weight update will be next week sometime.
I don't look too different from the last post, but I can feel it.
Like when I eat something greasy(Like a piece of Onion Rings from work) my stomach automatically gets upset and sick feeling. Now I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing, but I think it is a way of my body telling me that it is bad for me and I probably shouldn't eat more of that. Lol. Not quite sure, but it helps me stray away from "junk". 


Until Next Time
Sincerely,
TheSweetestLullaby

No comments:

Post a Comment